Financial help for doctors and their families
What we provide
- Monthly grants to help with essential day-to-day living costs
- Back-to-work awards, if you are returning to work after a period of illness
- Help with purchasing specialist equipment
- Help with purchasing disability adaptations for your car or home
- Top-up for residential fees or extra care costs where there is a Local Authority-assessed need
- Money and debt management advice
- Telephone befriending, if you are isolated and in need of support
We can sometimes provide other types of help depending on your circumstances.
What we don’t provide
The RMBF does not provide financial support towards the cost of certain items, including:
- Private health care and medical insurance
- Private education
- Legal fees
- Inland Revenue payments
- Repaying loans from family and friends
You must be GMC registered, have little in the way of income and savings and be unable to support yourself financially due to illness, disability or because you are over state retirement age.
We cannot provide support for all family members of doctors, only their direct dependants. This usually means financially dependent children, spouses or partners of doctors.
How do I apply for help?
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 8540 9194 (option 1) to talk to our Casework team, and discuss whether you are eligible for help.
Other types of help
DocHealth is a confidential, not for profit, psychotherapeutic consultation service for all doctors. Although located in London the service is open to all doctors in the UK. It is supported by the RMBF and the British Medical Association (BMA).
If you are not eligible for direct financial support, we offer access to general advice & support articles, and links to other organisations: