Types of assistance we offer to eligible applicants
- Regular monthly grants towards day-to-day living costs
- Back-to-work awards for those returning to work following a period of illness. This may include retraining costs, professional fees and occassionally childcare costs
- Other awards towards specialist equipment, car and home adaptations
- Top-up for residential care fees, extra care costs
- Secured loan, where the beneficiary has significant equity in property
- Money and debt management advice
- Telephone befriending service for those who may be isolated and in need of support
What we don't fund
The RMBF does not provide financial support towards the cost of certain items, including:
- Private health care and medical insurance
- Private education
- Legal fees
- Inland Revenue payments
- Repaying loans from family and friends
You must have little in the way of income and savings and be unable to support yourself financially due to illness, disability or because you are over state retirement age.
How to apply
Please email our Casework Department or call on 020 8540 9194 (option 1) to discuss whether you may be eligible for our help.
If you are not eligible for help, you may still find useful information about health and wellbeing, training, career development and more on our website Support4Doctors.